Kuro Burazāzu: The Black Company
School/Rank: Dutiful Disciple Shugenja 4 (Order of Chikai)
Honor: 7.6 Glory: 0.5 Status: 0.0
Skills: Animal Handling 2, Calligraphy 4, Etiquette 1, Investigation 1, Lore: Nature 2, Lore: Theology 4, Medicine 5, Meditation 3, Spellcraft 5, Staves 3
Spells: Sense, Summon, Commune, By the Light of the Moon (Air 1), Cloak of Night (Air 1), Nature’s Touch (Air 1), Token of Memory (Air 1), Way of Deception (Air 1), Flight of Doves (Air 2), Hidden Visage (Air 2), Mists of Illusion (Air 2), Request to Hato-no-Kami (Air 2), The Kami’s Whisper (Air 2), Wind-Born Slumbers (Air 2), Garbled Tongue (Air 3), Mask of Wind (Air 3), Elemental Ward (Earth 1), Jurojin’s Balm (Earth 1), Stone’s Endurance (Earth 1), Be the Mountain (Earth 2), Earth Becomes Sky (Earth 2), Force of Will (Earth 2), Grasp of Earth (Earth 2), Earth’s Protection (Earth 3), Armor of the Emperor (Earth 4), Essence of Earth (Earth 4), Wall of Earth (Earth 4), The Kami’s Strength (Earth 5), Strike at the Roots (Earth 5), Prison of Earth (Earth 6), Rise, Earth (Earth 6), Extinguish (Fire 1), Fury of Osano-Wo (Fire 1), Mental Quickness (Fire 2), Tail of the Fire Dragon (Fire 2), Clarity of Purpose (Water 1), Path to Inner Peace (Water 1), Rejuvenating Vapors (Water 2)
Kiho: Depths of the Earth, Earth Needs No Eyes, Embrace the Stone
Disadvantages: Ascetic, Social Disadvantage: Ronin, Soft-Hearted, True Love (Shiba Tamagawa)
Spent Exp: 325
Unspent Exp: 13
Possessions: Bo staff, scroll satchel, sturdy robes, traveling pack, 5 bu, 1 koku, 4 rupees.
1. What clan does your character belong to?
Omoi does not belong to a clan. He was born a peasant before his ability to speak to the kami was discovered.
2. How would others describe your character’s appearance?
Omoi is plain and unmemorable. He is 21, but appears older due to a life spent outdoors exposed to the elements.
3. Is your character a bushi, shugenja, monk, or courtier?
Omoi is a shugenja. He has an intense connection to the natural and spiritual world that manifests itself in his affinity to animals and the kami of earth.
4. What family does your character belong to?
Omoi does not belong to a samurai family. His parents were simple farmers from Quiet Forest Village.
5. What is your character’s main motivation?
Omoi’s main motivation is to maintain and repair the harmony of the natural world wherever he finds it.
6. Who is the person your character trusts most?
Omoi trusts his sensei, Isawa Daichi, more than anyone else in the world.
7. What is your character’s greatest strength? Greatest weakness?
Omoi’s greatest strength is his talent as a shugenja. The guidance of his ancestor grants him an incredible ability to communicate with the kami and his training at the feet of an Isawa have refined that ability into a focused and powerful priest. His greatest weakness, however, is his heart. Omoi can be very emotional, most often manifesting in his deep compassion for life and his love of Shiba Tamagawa.
8. What does your character think of Bushido?
Omoi respects bushido, but does not consider it his place to follow it. Omoi still sees himself as a peasant, not a samurai.
9. What is your character’s opinion of her own clan?
Omoi does not belong to a clan.
10. Is your character married?
Omoi is currently unmarried. His low social status has allowed him to avoid marriage, and that is how he prefers it.
11. Does your character have any prejudices?
He believes that killing disrupts the natural order and should be avoided at all costs. He hates anyone who would willingly defile the natural world or is openly contemptuous of life.
12. To whom does your character owe the most loyalty?
Omoi owes the most loyalty to his sensei and his dog, Ryota.
13. What are your character’s favorite and least favorite things?
14. Does your character have any recurring mannerisms?
15. What about your character’s emotions?
16. How would your character handle a subordinates improper behavior?
17. How would your character’s parents describe her?
18. What is your character’s highest ambition?
19. How religious is your character?
20. If you could, what advice would you give your character?